2013 m. vasario 25 d., pirmadienis

85th Academy Awards

It just ended and I wanted to write a post as soon as possible, while everything's still fresh.

Well, I have to admit that I had a great time watching the Oscars this year. Seth MacFarlene was so great at his job, I do understand that there may be some people who would not agree, who may say he was too rude, too ageist, to racist or whatever.. I'm sorry, but it was hilarious! Hopefully, this was not the last time he get to host Academy Awards. And I'm pretty sure that I will be watching the opening monologue as many times as I've seen the Hugh Jackman's and Alec Baldwin with Steve Martin's ones. Brilliant, instant classic. The show was amazing, we get to see the performances by the cast of Les Miserables, Adele, Barbra Streisand and Nora Jones. We had Jean Dujardin, Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson and the first lady Michelle Obama herself, to present at the awards. Almost forgot Ted, he was also at the Oscars. It was a night to remember. I still can't get back to reality, as crazy as it sounds, this was one well directed award show. To be honest, since I'm watching Oscars live, which is 4th year in a row now, this was the best so far. Well done, Don Mischer.
Now about the winners, I couldn't say there were many surprises this year, everything was pretty much predictable and pretty clear, though, a tie in sound editing was an event that happened for the third time ever. I, myself, have guessed 16/24 winners, not bad, I'd say, knowing that this time I got all main categories right. Christoph Waltz won the Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Django Unchained, as I said in my previous post, Dr. Schultz was my favorite character this year, so this was not a surprise nor unexpected. Anne Hathaway took the Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Les Miserables, we all knew it, but still, it was so good to see her accepting the award and as she herself said it was "a dream come true". Quentin Tarantino took home an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Django Unchained, brilliant and well-deserved winner. I honestly love seeing Tarantino winning anything, because his acceptance speeches are the most natural and he, somehow, makes it look so easy.  Adele became one of those rare (well, not anymore, probably) people who won both Grammy and an Oscar, she took Best Original Song for Skyfall tonight. I just want to take a moment and appreciate Jennifer Lawrence, who is one of my favorite actresses since Winter's Bone, which was back in 2009, I think.. She won Best Actress in a Leading Role for Silver Linings Playbook, I am so happy for her, I will love and support her until the end.   Daniel Day-Lewis made history becoming the first actor ever holding three Best Actor in a Leading Role for Lincoln awards (he also won the Oscar for There Will Be Blood and My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown) And, of course, the main award of the year, Best Picture was undoubtedly taken by Argo. No matter what people say, I strongly agree with this one, it is a well-deserved win and the speech that Affleck gave was incredible.
Well, that's my really short take on Academy Awards this year, probably I'd have something more to say if I wouldn't be blown away by the last few minutes of the show. It's 5.20 am where I am right now, and I should say goodnight, but instead, I'm gonna say Argo fuck yourself, because I officially can do that now.

P.S. If you weren't nerdy enough to watch the awards live, you should totally find a way to watch it anyways.

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą